Sunday, 29 July 2007
This will be my final entry, but anyone interested can follow My Kohjinsha blog here
Tuesday, 5 June 2007
Sunday, 3 June 2007
Below I have listed the key comparative information for both devices.
Size = 142.2mm (L) x 83.8mm (W) x 25.4mm (D)
Screen Size = 5"
Weight = less than 1LB
OS = Windows XP Home (base model)
Process = 1.2GHz (base model)
HDD = 30GB (base model)
RAM = 512MB (base model)
Price = $1,499 USD (base model)
Raon Digital EVERUN
Size = 170mm (L) x 83mm (W) x 25mm (D)
Screen Size = 4.8"
Weight = 1.08LB
OS = Windows XP Home
Process = 600MHz
HDD = 30GB
RAM = 512MB
Price = $700 USD approx (expected retail price)
Based on the above there is very little between these 2 devices, with the exception of the CPU and keyboard position. If you are looking for something to act as a desktop replacement or need a more powerful CPU, then the OQO will win, but if you are looking for a portable companion then my money is on the EVERUN.
Thursday, 31 May 2007
Finally after months of waiting Raon Digital have announced "everun" the Vega 2. I have just recieved the following information and a detailed PDF from them. I will post more when I have read the spec sheet, but for now here are the device details and an image of the new Vega 2.
- 4.8” Wide VGA 800 x 480 resolution / Touch screen / Auto rotation & brightness control
- AMD 600MHz Geode LX900 Processor or 500MHz LX800
- Microsoft Windows XP Home
- Various storage options including a 60G / 30G HDD and/or 6G SSD
- Integrated full QWERTY keypad
- Integrated 802.11b/g WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0
- Integrated HSDPA with Data & Voice or WiMAX (optional)
- Over 7 hours of real battery life with the standard battery (Max 12 hours with large battery)
- Easy to hold or pocket (170(W) x 83(H) x 25(D)mm) 460-500g (with standard battery.)
Friday, 4 May 2007
2. Then Touch calibration tool will run.
3. Press corner of the diagram (green spot inside of contour line) with touch pen for 2~3 seconds (keep the touch pen vertical and w/o movement)
4. Move to other points after finishing calibration in one point
5. If it does not work during the calibration, you can exit by press ESC key. In this case, previous calibration will be saved.
Saturday, 10 March 2007
Things they liked about the Vega:
2. Battery life.
3. The d-pad.
4. Navigation buttons.
5. USB client mode.
Things they disliked about the Vega:
1. Lack of in-built Bluetooth and WiFi.
2. No in-built VGA out (although this is achieved via the supplied dongle).
All-in-all they liked the unit and said "it's more than suitable for office and email use, especially given the impressive battery life."
I have to say I agree with their findings, and the only other thing I would like to see on the Vega is a qwerty keypad.
I have scanned the review page which is available here.
The review unit was supplied by PocketPC Solutions, and is priced at £579.99, which the reviewer said was "not unappealing".
Friday, 2 February 2007
The improvements are:
- new virtual scale down resolution 1024x576 and 1024x612 to lcd resolution.
- enabled actual monitor change from/to internal lcd screen to/from external monitor by hot key (press left bottom side 2 BOX keys and LCD/9 key simulaneously).
- enabled external screen keyboard program.
- enabled external pivot program.The utility can be downloaded from Raon's website or here.